Monday, May 14, 2012

An Organized Home {Linen Closet}

I have a board on Pinterest with this very name; "an organized home", and unfortunately I do a lot more "pinning" than I do organizing.  So today, when the organizing bug hit me, I decided to take action and tackle the linen closet.  I just put the boys down for a nap and for some reason I was feeling extra ambitious.  Maybe I had too much coffee this morning :)  I wasn't exactly sure how this project was going to go down so I grabbed a ton of supplies.  Garbage bags, Fridge Coasters, dust buster, zip ties, hole punch & a glue stick (you'll see).

I'm very embarrassed to say this is the before:







 I emptied every shelf and got to purging and re-folding.  One thing I can't stand is the wire rack imprints left on my sheets and towels after sitting for a while.  I took care of that by adding Fridge Coasters to the wire shelving, LOVE!I broke the Large Bin Fridge Coasters at the perforation lines to get a perfect fit.  Our wire shelving is 12" deep.  


With the left over pieces, I made labels for the shelves.  This is where the glue stick and hole punch came in handy.  I printed out my desired labels and glued them to the extra material.  I then zip tied them to the front of the shelves.




Ta-da!  I love the way it turned out and I think that we can actually keep it looking this nice! 



No comments:

Post a Comment